Our romantic city, Cartagena de Indias, is worldwide famous for its unique history and beauty. It is also a place where children can make the most of what ‘The Walled City’ has to offer.
If you have children under 10 years old and you have any doubts about if this city offers entertainment for them, this list of activities will clear up any doubts and get ready to pack your bags.
Cartagena has a wide range of possibilities for them to have fun, learn and enjoy. Here is a list of activities:
1. Get to know the City’s history while walking over the walls that surrounds the Historic Center, visiting its squares, colonial churches, streets and museums. Cartagena de Indias offers multiple digital and non-digital tourist guides that will help you better explain interesting, fun and curious facts about the different points of the city. They could learn about history having fun while doing it.
2. Pay a visit to the ‘Castillo San Felipe de Barajas’, a fortress that aid the city to defend itself against corsairs and pirates in the Colonial times.
3. Visit the Oceanarium located in the Corales del Rosario National Park. Here, they can swim with dolphins and find out more about the marine wildlife. After this, we can assure you they will be determined to champion the oceans and every species in it.
4. Visit the Aviary in the island of Barú. One of the city’s most beautiful places that now it can also be accessed by car.
5. And, of course, take them to enjoy Cartagena’s beaches so they can play in the sand and have fun among the waves.
You can do all of these activities can be done in Cartagena and of course, you can also come stay with them at Hotel Las Américas. We have the city’s most sophisticated hotel facilities and, in passing, they could be part of a spectacular club created exclusively for them: The Captain Star’s Club.
In this club, a recreational expert team designed tailor-made activities for your children to have fun inside the Hotel facilities. These activities include enjoying the pool, water park, Captain Star’s ship theme park, mini-golf, ping pong and direct access to the beach. In addition to contests and lessons where they learn by playing!